The Kenyan football transfer window officially opened on Saturday, 1st December 2012 and will run for the next two months, ending 31st January 2013.
There are bound to be changes in all teams in readiness for the new season, with player exits and entry marking the centre stage of activities in the coming sixty days, and Gor Mahia is of no exemption.
However the club’s secretary general George Bwana has dismissed stories circulating in media and social websites over a possible move by dependable defender David Owino to Tusker Fc, while at the same time remaining tight lipped over the changes expected at the club.
“You can forget all the transfer speculations you might have heard or read about because they are all wrong. We are not in the business of selling our best players and Tusker should look elsewhere. David is not for sale,” said Bwana.
The defender currently on international duty in the ongoing CECAFA Senior challenge cup in Uganda has a contract with Gor Mahia running till 2014.
“I had earlier said that we shall boost our squad for the next season but all the details of the same are still with the club. We are working in the interest of the club and the players; we want to ensure that we have the best on offer for the ones who will exit and those coming on board.
“We therefore cannot deny any possible movements in favour of the two.” added Bwana.
Transfer rumours have gathered pace since last week with the league champions Tusker Fc and Afc Leopards highly linked with possible poaching from the K’Ogalo camp.
Croat coach Zdravko Logarusic, goalkeeper Fredrick Onyango and the attacking pair of Danni Sserenkuma and Kevin Omondi have all been rumoured to be Leopards’ target with David Owino and Kevin Ochieng being on Tusker’s radar.
“I read some transfer rumours and they are all wrong, all of them. So you do not even need to ask me one name.” concluded Bwana.