- April 1, 2019 Gor Mahia 2 - 1 Nzoia Sugar - Moi Stadium, Kisumu
- June 17, 2018: Nzoia Sugar 1 - 3 Gor Mahia - Moi Stadium, Kisumu
- March 11, 2018: Gor Mahia 1-0 Nzoia Sugar - Machakos Stadium
- September 9, 2017: Gor Mahia 4 - 0 Nzoia Sugar - Afraha Stadium, Nakuru
- May 14, 2017: Nzoia Sugar 0:1 Gor Mahia - Mumias Complex
Gor Mahia clash against Nzoia Sugar today will probably be the KPL 2019 title decider.
A win for Gor Mahia will mean the defending champions winning the title with four games at hand before they meet arch-rivals AFC Leopards on Sunday, May 19th 2019 in a “mashemeji” derby clash.
Looking at the previous meetings, Gor Mahia have had the upper hand against the Western sugar millers, winning all games.
Head coach Hassan Oktay will not leave anything to chance and believes every game is important, meaning he will field his strongest squad to face Nzoia Sugar today.
With a cloud of doubt surrounding the inclusion of Jacques Tuyisenge, Oktay will have Nicholas Kipkirui, Francis Mustafa and Erisa Ssekisambu to chose from.
With the midfield intact, Oktay might maintain his previous set of Ernest Wendo, Kenneth Muguna and Francis Kahata.
Captain Harun Sakava, Joash Onyango, Geoffrey Ochieng’ and Philemon Otieno will aslso be ready to give the custodian much-needed protection in the Gor defense.
The Match kicks-off at 3.00 pm at the Mumias Complex Kakamega county.